ScaleMatrix, the industry leader in world-class colocation and cloud services, is expanding its Support Operation Center. We are looking for motivated individuals interested in beginning their career in the field of IT. Because of our always expanding portfolio of new services, we currently have several entry-level Tier-1 Support Technician positions available for the right candidate.
The Tier-1 Support Technician plays an integral role in the ScaleMatrix Support Operations Center (SOC). This is an entry-level position allowing those individuals looking for a career in IT to gain the necessary experience by working at a premier 7/24 San Diego data center. Although beneficial, prior IT or data center experience is not a prerequisite.
Tier-1 technicians are the clients’ primary resource for information and support of their services. Clients depend on the SOC to provide timely and sound solutions to any situation that might arise during their residency within the ScaleMatrix data center. Tier-1 technicians must have excellent client service skills and be able to deliver a seamless and positive experience for clients seeking industry leading colocation and cloud services.
- Support of network systems (software/hardware) and data center operations.
- Serving as a technical liaison to both internal and external clients.
- Assist in the provisioning of environmental, networking, security and computer systems specifically relating to ScaleMatrix cloud and colocation client needs.
- Responding to client support inquiries in a timely fashion with an emphasis on being informative and helpful.
- Learning and broadening technically in order to add value to the SOC and to the technical depth of ScaleMatrix as a whole.
- Communicating and working with team members to coordinate efforts to support clients.
- Monitoring and reporting any issues with critical environmental, networking, security and server systems.
- Communicating with other departments to assist in the execution of change management policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn through research, technical certification and on the job training.
- The willingness to communicate and work in a team environment while maintaining the ability to be self-driven.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. These are a must.
- A working knowledge of Windows and Linux-based operating systems.
- A working knowledge of basic network switching and routing concepts.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- A basic knowledge of virtualization solutions and concepts.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education / Competencies
- High School Diploma / GED
- Certifications in IT field are a PLUS